Tuesday, August 07, 2007

 

One of the lowlights of my life -- and a glimmer of hope!

Yeah, I will remember for many years the weekend of August 3-5, 2007, when I was in Chicago, took days off work, while Lollapalooza was going on with, among others, Polyphonic Spree, and all my friends said it ruled, and while YearlyKos was happening just south of there, with most of my favorite bloggers & political figures, and I was sitting up north like a sucker, and playing some tennis. And throwing out my back.

Lame!

The only thing that would make me feel better would be if this were true:

"Supporters of Alan Keyes plan to attend the Iowa Straw Poll Aug. 11, to get Keyes' name before the public as a possible Republican presidential candidate," according to Keyes’ grassroots supporters. Most recently known for his recent Illinois Senate race against now-Senator and presidential candidate Barack Obama (gathering just 27% of the vote in the process), Keyes has stayed out of the public spotlight recently.

Commenting on this effort, Keyes said, "I've told my supporters -- who, by the way, are undertaking this effort on their own -- that if they can demonstrate sufficient grassroots support for me to run, I will do so."


The Kos diarist goes on the mention Keyes' awesome coining of the phrase "selfish hedonist." Alan, we will always love you here for that! 4EVAH!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?