Friday, August 12, 2005

 

Banana Republicans

On the front page of today's New York Times.



I saw that today and it messed me up. I'm through with Happy Posts. I'm mad at the J. Crewers at the helm of this farce, and I'm particularly mad at the Times, which continues to perpetrate this farce.

The photo is seemingly unconnected to any story. It's just an ad for the breezy, happy world the Terrible Three inhabit. But there is a story next to it in which Bush says not to believe the hype about pulling troops out any time soon, and in which Cindy Sheehan gets several column inches (after the jump, natch).

What sickened me just as much was the headline: "Bush cites gains but sees no cuts in troops in Iraq". I feel like the Times, like any and every media outlet, needs to stop going back to the well of giving Bush's lies the time of day. The only think newsworthy about his talk yesterday was "...no cuts in troops in Iraq."

I'm not the only one who thinks so. The online version of the article has been changed to: "President Tries to Resolve Mixed Signals After Pentagon Remarks". Better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?