Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

Them's city names. From now on you're Dengus Squatburg Jr. and Pamela E. Lee

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm mighty thrilled that Howard Dean won the chair of the DNC. As far as I can tell, he's got the best shot of reinvigorating the grassroots, having competitive races in even the reddest of places, and getting young people back into the Democratic party.

I can't say whether it's having an immediate effect or not, but these things take time. One good sign is in Cass County, Indiana, where my cousin brought my attention to the fact that the Dems down there, in that pretty darn red area, are getting into online organizing with their new Web site and, of course, a blog. Go check them out if you get a chance.

I feel strongly that most Republicans - city, suburb, rural, other - are Democrats-in-waiting. We have to continue to converse, learn, invest, and create change. Nobody is off-limits. Except Tom DeLay. That frenchified mofo can stay GOP leader in the house until he's the only one left.

(Oh, and the title of the post is a joke. Yes, I'm an effete urban liberal elitist, but this blog is about bringing people together!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?