Tuesday, March 22, 2005

 

I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals fa-laming

How weird is it that none of the obituaries of Bobby Short mention that he HAD to have been a big ol' gay? I mean, the gay press hasn't even covered his death. What's going on here? I mean, it's pretty easy to guess, given that he was bestest friends with Gloria Vanderbilt and all (even appearing on an episode of The Love Boat with her). This is one of the odder parts of his AP obit:

In 1980, after Short appeared with Vanderbilt in TV commercials promoting her designs, Vanderbilt filed a discrimination complaint when a posh apartment building rejected her bid to buy a $1.1 million duplex. She claimed the board was worried that the black singer might marry her. She later dropped the suit.

Short, who never married, lived in Manhattan, sharing an apartment overlooking the East River with his pets. Survivors include his adopted son Ronald Bell and brother Reginald Short, both of California, Wicks said.


So, yeah. I don't know for SURE that he was gay, but yeah. Gay.

Just to be sure, how about somebody ask Anderson Cooper!

Also, has anyone else ever heard that George Washington Carver was gay? That's kind of a biggie for the historian, no?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?