Friday, September 24, 2004

 

stroke it to the left ...





For those of you who think my audacity knows some bounds ... WOW. Were you wrong. Just plain wrong. Wow.

Anyway.

Today, Friday, September 24, 2004, is my father's 59th birthday (yes, fifty-nine. I know!). How can you join in the celebration? Well, in January he will be walking a marathon (26.2 miles) in Orlando. He is doing it as a fundraiser for the American Stroke Association, which raises money for people who can't get Clarence Carter's 80s line dancing song "Strokin'" out of their heads, no matter how many times they bash their head against a wall.

No, in reality it will be used to further the organization's mission of reducing disability and death from stroke through research, education, fund raising and advocacy. For more information on this organization, go to www.strokeassociation.org

SO! To make a long story short, I am asking YOU my dear friends to donate $1 toward this effort. And for every dollar my friends give, I will match with a dollar donation of my own, up to $50 total. If you can't afford this, you can't afford my friendship.

Assuming you can afford it, and are interested, please either mail me a check for $1, or mail me a dollar bill, or give me a dollar, OR (easiest thing) send $1 to my paypal account (button should be posted above).

I hope you will choose to remain my friend and GIVE GIVE GIVE!

Thanks!

p.s. You can give more than $1 if you want.

UPDATE!!! So far 18 of you have donated or pledged $99 to the American Stroke Association for my dad's efforts!! Yay you!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?